Tissue separations have always been an integrative part of surgery. Especially, in the field of routine ear-surgery of chronical otits there are risk in this matter, even though there are neccessary in the surgery. The use of the novel Cadiss®system allows a selective segmentation of tissue without the use of sharp cutting-instruments which might hurt critical structures.
The basis of Cadiss® is the molecule Mesna, which has been implemented for medical purposes for decades, and selektively weakens collagen structures. For this, Mesna is inserted in liquidity through cannulated instruments in the situs. Even small amounts reach maximum segmentation effectivity. Instead of a traumatic segmentation, the tissue kann be separated trough edgeless instruments and removed "en bloc" in many cases. In clinical studies, the relapse rate of cholesteatoma surgeries was reduced by 55%.
Preclinical and clinical studies confirmed the following effects: Cadiss®
- reduces the relapse rate of cholesteatoma surgeries by ca. 50%
- preserves the surrounding tissues
- reduces the mechanical pressure that is needed to separate tissues, and helps to avoid tearing and to some extent cutting
- developes its full effect already 20 seconds after application
- helps to reduce the duration of surgery significanty
The effect and safety of Cadiss® was documented in clinical studies with an estimate of 900 patients.
- Chronical Otitis
- Retraction pocket